Join Our Executive Board!
The Bookmobile Fredericksburg Team is seeking to expand our executive board.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to attend a weekly 2-hour executive meeting
- Be able to complete assigned projects within a timely manner
- Must be able to work an additional 3 hours a week at Bookmobile events, ideally with some weekend/evening availability
- NOTE: This is the maximum number of hours you will be asked to work each week. However, you may not have to work as many hours every week depending on the Bookmobile’s event schedule
- Be comfortable leading small groups of volunteers
- Be able to effectively communicate with customers and other community members
- Ability to work with and communicate with other members of the BMFXBG team
There is no prior experience needed with a Bookmobile or library program.
The work we do is collaborative. You may be asked to focus on specific projects, but you will not be solely responsible for any aspect of the Bookmobile’s mission/programming.
As part of this position, we will train you to drive all Bookmobile Fredericksburg vehicles, including the Bookmobile itself. Some experience driving large vehicles is appreciated but not required.
To be considered for this position, fill out this form to indicate your interest. You are encouraged to include a copy of your resume on this form, but it is not required. Once the form has been submitted, we will set up an interview. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.